Upcoming Opening Hours: Saturday 23th July – 12pm to 9pm – Book Now
Following the latest guidance from the UK government, Wellington Cricket Club are pleased to announce that they will be re-opening their facilities for social use from Saturday 4th July.
Our plans for this have prioritized the safety of our staff, our members, and their guests above all else. There will be many changes and new procedures in place, reflecting the new situation, and everyone will be expected to adhere to these and respect the principles of social distancing at all times.
When we re-open, the club will be operating in two-discrete settings – the Bar and the Beer Garden. As indoor and outdoor spaces are governed by different rules around social distancing, these should be looked on as separate experiences and members will have to decide which experience they want. There will be no movement between the Beer Garden and the Bar in any circumstances.
Please note that both the Bar and the Beer Garden are open to club members and their guests only; and all U18s must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Toilets will be cleaned regularly and be accessible for both Bar and Beer Garden customers.
- Booking: You must book in advance if you want to guarantee use of the bar via the club’s website, providing the names of everyone in your group. Capacity is strictly limited to 48 individuals. A group can include members of one or two households only (including support bubbles). All bookings must be received two hours before the clubhouse opens. If you do not make a booking, you may be allowed access to the bar if there is space available on the day.
- Social Distancing: You must stick to your bubble of one or two households as per your booking throughout your time in the Bar. Seating will be arranged to match the day’s bookings and be consistent with the guidance laid out for safe seating under government guidance. You will be directed to your table when you arrive.
- Ordering and Payment: The bar will operate a table service and all payments will be contactless.
- Access: Entrance to the Bar will be via the back door on the car park side.
- Other Notes: We will be showing live televised sports on our screens where possible at low volume. This is to discourage shouting which will not be permitted in the Bar.
The Beer Garden
- Booking: Unlike the Bar, there is no booking required for the Beer Garden. You can turn up at any time during our opening hours and get a drink.
- Social Distancing: Members and their guests will be allowed to enjoy their drinks on the club’s grounds and are encouraged to bring along their own seating, picnics (but strictly no alcohol or disposable BBQs), furniture and games. Social distancing of 2m between households should be observed in the Beer Garden and gatherings are restricted to two households (including support bubbles) or six individuals from any number of households.
- Ordering and Payment: Orders will be received by a bar steward situated at the main door under the balcony. Payments will be contactless. Drinks will then be poured and left at a collection point.
- Access: Entrance to the Beer Garden will be via the white gate on the left-hand side as you approach the pavilion, next to the away dressing room.
- Other Notes: All rubbish must be left in the bins provided or taken home. In the event of rain, you will not be allowed in the clubhouse for shelter. If this happens you must return to your car or make your way off site.
We intend to open on Saturday 4th July between 2pm and 8pm and subsequent Saturdays until further notice. We will continually monitor our operations and may alter the timings, days, and options available based on weather, demand, and feedback from members as we move forward.
We ask that everyone treats the facility and the rules laid out with respect in the interest of everyone’s safety. In re-opening in the current climate, we are entering uncharted waters as a club, as many other venues are. We ask for your patience, understanding and co-operation as we adjust to the requirements of the ‘new normal.’