Club Statement: Coronavirus, 18/03/20
Wellington Cricket Club would like to make a further statement regarding the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
In order to comply with the new Covid-19 advice issued by the UK government on Monday 16 March, the club is cancelling all events and gatherings until Friday 17 April.
This covers all junior and senior training, committee and other meetings, Cricket Force and preseason friendly matches. With the summer season due to commence on Saturday 18 April, we cannot offer guidance past this point and await direction from the ECB, Cricket Shropshire and the SCCL on this.
Please note, that whilst Cricket Force as an organised event will not take place, there will be tasks that still need to be done in anticipation of the season and if these can be done in a safe and responsible way we will be seeking willing volunteers. More will follow on this in due course.
Membership renewals and applications for the upcoming season will now be suspended until we have more clarity. The club would like to reassure those who have already paid that they will not find themselves out of pocket should the season be curtailed or cancelled. However, with a great deal of uncertainty hanging over the summer, we cannot at present commit to how the club will address this in practice.
With all preseason training now cancelled, we are offering a rebate on attendance fees. The rebate for those attending the U11, U13 and U14-19 Monday night programmes is £10; and for those who group-booked the Senior, Friday night sessions the rebate is £5. Those wanting to arrange this should email email@example.com in the next seven days.
With the Parents’ Information Evening planned for Thursday 19 March now cancelled, it was anticipated that details about the summer programme for juniors would be circulated online this week. However, with so much uncertainty, it was felt that this was ultimately futile. More information will be released on this when appropriate.
Obviously this is an unprecedented and fast-moving situation and there are many questions our members would like to ask which we are not currently in a position to answer. We will be making another statement once we have received further guidance from the county board and the league.