For other players who were unable to make it, please see the following summary for your information and action:
· Winter nets are now in full swing and will continue for the next 3 Friday nights at Wrekin College from 7.15pm to 8.45pm – costs are £10 for 4 sessions or £5 for 1. If you haven’t been yet we hope to see you this Friday.
· Pre season training will commence on Thursday 4 April at the club for all teams and we encourage all players to attend if they can.
· Tuesday (1/2 team) and Thursday (all teams) training will take place from this point for the entire season under the guidance of new Head Coach, Ross Edwards and his assistant Nigel Davies. There is an expectation that training will be more focussed this season and players should attend with a particular focus on something to improve each week. A one off pre season training session will also be arranged for each team and captains will provide you with the dates and times in due course.
· Pre season friendlies have been arranged with Newport (1 and 2 team) and Iscoyds (3 team) for Saturday 13 April and Bomere Heath (1 and possibly 2 team) Saturday 20 April. In addition an in house game is planned for 4/5 team on Sunday 14 April and a further fixture is being sought for Saturday 20 April. Captains will be seeking your availability for these pre season games and the first two weekends of the season shortly so please make sure you are able to give an accurate indication of your availability ahead of selection.
· Registration for playing and social membership is now open online. This is a new improved system and needs to completed online only. Please register and ensure your annual subscriptions are paid well ahead of the first league games on 27 April to be eligible for selection. Nobody can play on 27 April unless they are a registered and paid member for insurance reasons. Click here.
· Matt Stinson has been appointed Club Captain this season ( a new role). Matt will act as an ambassador for the club and as a player liaison for all playing members. If you ever have any issues over selection or other cricket matters Matt is the person to contact in the first instance.
· Wendell Wagner will captain the First XI with the objective of leading the team to the summit of the Shropshire League in an attempt to return to the Birmingham League. The club have secured the services of a young overseas player, Josh Pistorious and several other young players to add to our first team squad containing much home grown talent. All other teams will be looking to make their mark in the newly organised Shropshire League and everyone at the club is focussed on a positive and successful season ahead.
· We are asking for as much help as possible over the weekend 6/7 April for Cricket Force. Please see if you and your family can give up a few hours of your time between the hours of 9-4pm on the Saturday and/or the Sunday to help get the club looking in pristine condition for the start of the season. Jobs are available for members of all ages.
· Saturday 13 April is the first club social of the season a Family Race Night taking place after our friendly games that day. We are hoping for a good turn out on this evening from the junior and adult section of the club which will secure much needed fund raising and will be an excellent social occasion. The club are in the process of installing a new 75” plasma screen and surround sound music system in the clubhouse having secured an ECB grant and with the support of Anwyl homes have a new floor in the tea area. Please support your club by attending family days and social events during the season and look out for special promotions behind the bar to encourage you even more.
· If you have any questions or queries please get in touch with one of the five captains (Wendell Wagner, Al Taylor, Simon Topper, Adrian Casey or Steve Oliver) or club captain (Matt Stinson)
Updated 09:42 - 11 Mar 2019 by David Ross